You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself, for example:
- Name and company name;
- Contact information (including email address);
- Demographic information (such as postcode and address);
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
When you supply any personal information to emerald-hss.com we have a legal obligation towards you in the way we use that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain to you how we will use it and tell you if we want or pass the information on to anyone else. When using your personal information EHSS will act in accordance with all current legislation from time to time in place.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- To improve our products and services;
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by post, phone, fax or email;
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Do we pass on your personal details to third parties?
We will only pass on your details to third parties who may contact you for marketing purposes by post, phone, fax or email, or research agencies with your prior approval.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that EHSS holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
For further information on cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under the Data Protection Act 1998.